2015年9月13日日曜日

Aiming for more frequent, casual updates

Updates to this blog have been infrequent because I tend to wait until the end of a project, or at least the end of a significant milestone, to write it up. The advantage to this is that the lessons learned are clear at that stage, but the disadvantages are that the final project write-up consumes a lot of time, and that some projects never get finished and thus never get written up.

I'm going to try posting some more intermediate updates to this blog. That means that some of the updates will not necessarily be fully-finished, knowledge-packed, coherent and concise feature-length articles, but instead will be more like a rolling record of experimental activities; a log, if you will -- a log, published on the web. Perhaps I shall call my new invention a "web log".

2 件のコメント:

  1. I enjoyed a lot your blog. Thanks for sharing your effort.
    Edgrdo Maffia - LU1AR
    maffia@ieee.org

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Thanks for your feedback and I am glad you enjoyed my blog!

      I also had a look at your blog. Your experiments with ferrite rod antennas are quite interesting. I have recently been doing some experimentation with using a ferrite rod antenna as the main tank inductor in a regenerative receiver, at shortwave frequencies. It works surprisingly well!

      削除